Morrison & LaTour believes that each search must include these
COMPREHENSIVE SOURCING RESULTING FROM SOLID
INTENSIVE, OBJECTIVE EVALUATION PROCESSES TO SCREEN CANDIDATES
SATISFACTORY PLACEMENT FOR BOTH CLIENT AND CANDIDATE
These key elements are achieved through a five-point strategy:
A TM&L Principal does an on-site visit and, along with the
client, indentifies their unique organizational needs and the
ideal type of candidate to fill those needs.
• A detailed position specification is prepared by TM&L
which serves as a marketing tool for both the client organization
and the position.
• This position specification provides a basis for objective,
quantitative evaluation of prospective candidates.
• A time line is developed to facilitate a successful search.
TM&L staff use highly structured search processes and nationally
recognized market research capabilities to identify only the best
Aggressive, direct sourcing identifies candidates – many
of which are not presently in the job market.
• Recruitment gives special attention to diversity in the
• A list of qualified candidates emerges, matched to the
requirements of the position.
TM&L presents the client with timely reports of the search process.
At the conclusion of sourcing, the client is given a detailed
summary of the search to date, including our sourcing strategies.
• A long-list of potential, qualified candidates identified
as “top,” “Strong,” and “back-up,”
along with resumes and salary requirements is prepared for the
Following client input, TM&L developes a “short-list”
of preferred candidates.
All “short-list” candidates are interviewed using objective
methodology to insure that all candidate responses are evenly matched.
All these candidates, as well as the client organization, are
evaluated using our unique “values awareness assessment”
• References are thoroughly searched, using a 360-degree
objective questioning and presented to the client in narrative
• Special attention is given to the needs of partners and
The client conducts interviews with their candidates of choice.
If needed, TM&L will work with the client to develop approaches
to facilitate the decision and a strategy for making an offer
to the candidate of choice.
• Upon request, TM&L will negotiate with the candidate
on behalf of the client.